Old version of Sierra module in Zeroshell

Home Page Forums Network Management Signal a BUG Old version of Sierra module in Zeroshell

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  anttu 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

anttu

Ciao Fulvio.

There seems to be an old version of the driver for Sierra Wireless modems in Zeroshell. According to Sierra support page http://sierrawireless.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/500/kw/mc8790%20linux/r_id/166 the kernel 2.6.25.20 requires Sierra driver version 1.7.0, but in Zeroshell there is version 1.2.8.

The old version works OK with the old MC8775 modem, but not with the newer MC8792V.

I tried to do the make thing expressed in Sierra’s site, but make command says:

Compiling  sierra.c
    make: *** /lib/modules/2.6.25.20/build: No such file or directory. Stop.
    make: *** [default] Error 2

/lib/modules/2.6.25.20/build seems to be empty, so maybe I should have some stuff there.

The Sierra site tells to copy kernel-headers to /usr/src, but is that needed here? The Makefile script seems to refer to the lib/modules… directory.

In Ubuntu 9.04 there was the same problem and after installing the Sierra module version 1.7.0 the modem started to work OK. Thus I believe getting the up-to-date driver to Zeroshell would definitely help too.

I really would need to get the Sierra working, so any help would be very much appreciated.

Agreken

Has anyone out there managed to get the 1.7 drivers for Sierra compiled for 1.12 that they could share? I love ZS, but I’m not nearly skilled enough to get the driver compiled into my installation 🙁

3G Expert

Hi everone;

I am new zeroshell user and I have not good experience with linux too.

I want to use Sierra Wireless MC8790 but ZS can not recognize that 3G module.

How can I load new driver?

Could you please help me?

thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.