Noob Question about SSH & Telnet

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Noob Question about SSH & Telnet

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  deamon_knight 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

If I’m running my Zeroshell box without a Keybpard & Display, I can access it easily enough through the Web interface. However, since some options cannot be configured this way, I’d like to know how else I can access the system. Some of the CLI options talk about Telnet-ing into the system. I know its damub question, but how would I do this?

Telnet and the IP says connection refused, and SSH does not seem to do anything.

-Thanks

aseques

You have to go using the web interface to Setup -> SSH -> Mark as Enabled
    And then you should limit acces to your trusted networks

After all that you should be able to enter using user admin and your password

JC

Putty works good as an ssh client.

depending on ur network, u may just want to limit access to ur ip

I must admit I don’t know how to use any of these. After Enabling SSH on the local wired interface. I don’t know what to do. Telnet (IP) still doesn’t work: Connection refused. I don’t know how to use SSH and launching Putty just gives me a black windows with a cursor, and I can’t enter anything. Can anyone give me a walk through or point me in the right direction?

-Thanks

JC

This should get u started

http://jtevans.kilnar.com/linux_basics/putty.html

for other help just [ur search engine here] “putty how to” and u will get other pages.
    I’m not sure, as i _won’t_ use telnet, if zs even has it.

🙂
    gl to ya

edit: oh, and do make sure under the ssh tab u have either ur network or just the machine u wish to ssh from and that ssh is enabled.

Duh, Thanks Alot JC. I was googling “SSH” and getting alot of sites on the tech behind SSH, not on how to use it.

Of course, I then discovered I had not ‘saved’ when I added by one network to the ‘enable ssh’ windows, so problem solved.

Thanks Again!

JC

np 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.