No boot from SATA DVD-RW Intel Atom D525MW. Help me please.

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell No boot from SATA DVD-RW Intel Atom D525MW. Help me please.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  rolevoy 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

rolevoy

Hello, Fulvio!

In general, USB2.0 flash is not loaded, the carrier could not be found. With the Live CD loaded only up to here: “Probing [n] USB and SATA devices to startup the system …”

Kernel panic message, because is unable to find a device for mounting root. Motherboard Intel D525MW, please help to run. In the old iron in 2004 everything works fine, but the new is not (

Zeroshell1.0.beta16

BIOS updated to the latest version, but problnia remained. In Linux, I’m not strong.

Maybe there are no drivers in the image, where they then take and how to add ISO

Thank you!

reaperz

Hello

I share your pain. I have also 2x Intel D525MW mainboards and running zeroshell on them. Could not get SATA working, cause Intel NM10 is not supported in this old kernel 🙁 Only way to get it to boot is to use USB flash (or USB removable disk).

Integrated Ethernet does not work either with this old kernel. To get this this working I used 2.6.36 kernel that forum user rda made:

http://www.zeroshell.net/eng/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2763

It works now, but my USB gets disconnected now and then (goes into read only mode, have to restart etc).

So the question – how to get a new kernel for zeroshell? I am not so proficient with linux as rda. What would like to see:

One bloated kernel for zeroshell, that would include all recent drivers. Also other options – for example USB-HIDEV for apcupsd.

If anyone can help us out, please let us know!

Thank you in advance.

imported_fulvio
    Participant

Next release should solve these issue with a newer kernel.

Regards
    Fulvio

diver

Thank you, fulvio, for coming back!

deepzero

@fulvio wrote:

Regards
    Fulvio

Great!

Fulvio when’s expected? ETA?
    What’s the new kernel?

Thanx!

rolevoy
    fulvio wrote:

Regards
    Fulvio

Fulvio, pleaze add support for integrated ethernet for Intel Aton D425, D525 and up lates for 17betta++… 😉 Working only CPI 🙁 I want working integrated ETH too 😉

Best Regards,
    Rolevoy

reaperz

Thank you fulvio for the original development of Zeroshell. We also hope for new release.

But in the meantime others can use hacked version by renato.morano that has 3.2.9 kernel. Have been using that for over 2 months on two Atom D525MW-based devices now, no problems so far. SATA and other stuff works (no USB HIDEV for apcupsd yet). Word of warning though – his 2GB image does not fit on 2GB CF card!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.