NIC not recognized

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell NIC not recognized

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  aviegas 9 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

aviegas

I’m installing ZeroShell on a SuperMicro X7SPA-HF motherboard (Atom 510). This mobo has 2 built in NICs, based on the Intel 82574L Gibabit chip, that, in theory, is supported by the e1000e module.

lspci show the cards, but I cannot get the module to work (it loads with lsmod, but it’s not working).

Any ideas?

ppalias

Modules load with

insmod

or

modprobe

After you load the module what is the output of

ifconfig -a

and

dmesg

?

aviegas

I sould have said (insmod and not lsmod) on my previous post.

I guess I’ve found the problem: the e1000e module in the 2.6.25.20 kernel does not include support for the Intel 82574L. Newer versions of the module do (just checked the original from the Intel support site).

So I will have to either recompile the module with the same kernel somewhere else or replace the whole kernel with a newer version.

Any suggestions of what may be simpler to accomplish?

ppalias

Not sure as I haven’t done it so far, guess you’d had to search the forum, several other people had the same experience with you.

aviegas

I have managed to compile the module on another system (using ZS kernel source) and replace the e1000e.ko module in the ISO image. IT works fine. Now the challenge is to correctly update the map files created by depmod.

When I’m 100% finished, I will post all the step I’ve done to recreate the ISO image as well as the CF/USB/HD image.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.