NFS and Samba issues

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell NFS and Samba issues

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  dumples 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

dumples

Hey folks,

I’m looking to setup zeroshell for the first time but want to set its profile storage to a share on another system. I’m using ver13 and was able to mount an nfs share at the command line using -o nolock but when I go to the GUI to configure a profile the only partition listed is “ERROR”. It was showing my virtual harddrive partition correctly prior to mounting the share.

Then I found this thread http://www.zeroshell.net/eng/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2209 regarding the samba package but when I try to install it I get

ABORTED: The database has not available space for this update.

I should have enough space. Do I need to increase the size of the ramdisk? If so, how? Any help to get either a CIFS or NFS share showing as a profile storage option in the gui would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

D

ppalias

You cannot set the profile partition on a remote device. Cause in order to mount an external partition, the information for that has to be read from a hard drive. So the profile must be in a local drive.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.