New to Zeroshell

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell New to Zeroshell

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  greyman 12 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

greyman

Well, I have zeroshell up and running. I am wanting to add my standard list of firewall rules (block RFC1918 IP, protect from spoofing, and some port forwarding to allow some services to be served up from an internal server). This is the one challenge I have because I learned my firewalling from BSD based systems using IPFW/PF/IPFilter.

I also need to know what rule to add to allow me to get from my network on ETH02 to ETH01 and vise-versa.

Is there a good source to show how to add rules to zeroshells firewall using the WEBGUI. Is there an alternative?

Is it possible to configure zeroshell’s to automatically update its DNS records for host via DHCP?

TIA
    -Ron

P.S. The above are all what I have posted to the mailing list. Not sure which has the better response time so I am posting to both.

imported_fulvio
    Participant

@greyman wrote:

Is there a good source to show how to add rules to zeroshells firewall using the WEBGUI. Is there an alternative?

As soon as possible (I hope within in February or March) I will put online a tutorial about the Zeroshell’s firewall.
    @greyman wrote:

Is it possible to configure zeroshell’s to automatically update its DNS records for host via DHCP?

No, it isn’t now, but in the future (after the 1.0.0 release) this feature will be implemented using the possibility of the ISC DHCP and BIND softwares to cooperate together.

Regards
    Fulvio

greyman

Thank you.

I just found out that my DNS is exposed to the internet and the internet is allow o query my DNS server.

Can someone provide me with a quick write-up to put rules that would block all inbound from the internet but would allow all outbound from my Networks that I have on ETH01 and ETH02.

TIA

imported_fulvio
    Participant

Could you describe your network (LAN and WAN) configuration in greater details?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.