New release

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell New release

This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_fulvio 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

imported_fulvio
    Participant

The new Zeroshell release 1.0.beta11 is available. The main new feature is the Net Balancer that allows to obtain the Load Balancing and Failover of the Internet links such as xDSL and UMTS/HSDPA ones.
    The VPN bonding has been improved to allow to increase the bandwidth and stability of Layer 2 links between remote sites.
    The 3G Mobile modems are now supported to make Zeroshell to act as UMTS and HSDPA router.
    An issue regarding the stability of the web proxy with antivirus has been solved and the overall stability of the system improved.

Regards
    Fulvio

Fulvio,

Thanks for the great product. I really like this fw and recommend it to everyone. I am having a problem with the new version though. I put in the beta11 CD and it runs fine, but ETH01 (which is set to DHCP) doesn’t get an IP address. This is what I see when I disabled and enabled the interface from the console

/root/kerbynet.cgi/scripts/set_dhclient: line 28: 5101 Aborted

when it put in the beta9 CD back in, no problem, I get an IP address and everything is fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks again!

@fulvio wrote:

The new Zeroshell release 1.0.beta11 is available. The main new feature is the Net Balancer that allows to obtain the Load Balancing and Failover of the Internet links such as xDSL and UMTS/HSDPA ones.
    The VPN bonding has been improved to allow to increase the bandwidth and stability of Layer 2 links between remote sites.
    The 3G Mobile modems are now supported to make Zeroshell to act as UMTS and HSDPA router.
    An issue regarding the stability of the web proxy with antivirus has been solved and the overall stability of the system improved.

Regards
    Fulvio

Ok very bizzarre. I run ZS in a vmware environment. I removed the external NIC from the VM config, run ZS beta11, and remove the eth01 hardware. Shutdown ZS, and add the VM Nic, and restart beta 11 and now everything is fine…

Anyway…it’s working.

Thanks

@jeremy.haynes wrote:

Fulvio,

Thanks for the great product. I really like this fw and recommend it to everyone. I am having a problem with the new version though. I put in the beta11 CD and it runs fine, but ETH01 (which is set to DHCP) doesn’t get an IP address. This is what I see when I disabled and enabled the interface from the console

/root/kerbynet.cgi/scripts/set_dhclient: line 28: 5101 Aborted

when it put in the beta9 CD back in, no problem, I get an IP address and everything is fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks again!

@fulvio wrote:

Regards
    Fulvio

izilic

Fulvio:

Its great to have this new release.

I use zeroshell from a pendrive where i have zeroshell and the database. What would be the best procedure to upgrade to the last version?

Thanks.

IAZS

jstrebel

Hi Fulvio,
    thanks for the great work you are doing.
    Could you please give a hint wich UMTS / GPRS Modems you are expecting to work with ZeroShell? USB connected for example?
    Best regards
    Jakob

vmv4

To IAZS:

IMHO you can backup your profile, then install beta 11 on pendrive, then restore your profile

izilic

Thanks for your help.

I will try that this afternoon. I will post my results.

Best Regards,

IAZS

imported_fulvio
    Participant

Could you please give a hint wich UMTS / GPRS Modems you are expecting to work with ZeroShell? USB connected for example?

I have successfully tested the following 3G Mobile UMTS/HSDPA Modem with USB interface:

Huawei E220
    Huawei E172
    Huawei E169
    Onda MT503HS

and the following one with MiniPCI Express interface:

Novatel 5520 Mobile on a Alix PC embedded alix6b2

Regards
    Fulvio

izilic

Hi!

I made the upgrade as mentioned earlier in this topic. Everything went fine. Thanks again for your help.

Now I have another problem. How can I update the remote VPN servers I have?

Best Regards.

IAZS

imported_fulvio
    Participant

At the moment a remote upgrade is not possibile. In the future automatic online upgrades will be possible for the compactflash releases.

Regards
    Fulvio

izilic

Fulvio:

Thanks for your reply.

Best Regards,

IAZS

Smokeshow

@fulvio wrote:

I have successfully tested the following 3G Mobile UMTS/HSDPA Modem with USB interface:

Huawei E220
    Huawei E172
    Huawei E169
    Onda MT503HS

and the following one with MiniPCI Express interface:

Novatel 5520 Mobile on a Alix PC embedded alix6b2

Regards
    Fulvio

The Sierra 595u also works.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.