New release 2.0.RC2

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell New release 2.0.RC2

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_fulvio 6 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

imported_fulvio
    Participant

Hi,

Zeroshell 2.0.RC2 improves the support for the load balancing and fault tolerance of multiple connections to the Internet. Particularly, this release allows to keep in Standby PPPoE (xDSL) and UMTS/HSDPA connections, activating the PPP protocol only in the event of absence of connectivity from other accesses. These connections are again placed in standby mode when connectivity is recovered from the default accesses. Improved the Failover mechanism with check in Layer 2 as well as with ICMP. Updated the VPN Bonding for bandwidth aggregation and failover of the LAN-to-LAN connections. Fixed several bugs in the system. In particular, it has been solved a problem that caused the freezing of the Captive Portal under high load.

Regards
    Fulvio

DrmCa
    Participant

Sorry I am slow as Zeroshell 1.0 was running for quite some time w/o me even remembering I had a router (see how stable it is!:)…

…but now that 2.0 is out, I have a question: can I just insert a new CD with 2.0 into the box with configuration of 1.0 saved on a HDD and reboot? Will it automatically pick up 1.0 saved config and carry on?

And just want to use this opportunity to thank Fulvio for incredible work he is doing and to re-state how happy I am that Zeroshell is out there. Zeroshell has truly taken all troubles off my shoulders.

I never stop recommending Zeroshell to everyone who is looking into using a router.

Thank you Fulvio! Much appreciated. Your work proves you are an old school developer – quality and user oriented!

imported_fulvio
    Participant

Hi,
    yes you just need to reboot with the new live cd to upgrade the system to the 2.0.RC2.
    Thanks a lot for your compliments.

Regards
    Fulvio

ronelbr

I am new here and I am trying Zeroshell.

I had to install 2.0 RC1 b/c the HD version from RC2 is not working.

I try the same way to install both. Just version RC1 works.

Thanks

DrmCa
    Participant

Test your RC2 download with MD5, looks like it is making its way to the mirrors and file you’ve d/l could be broken. I had the same issue. Switzerland mirror has a complete file for sure.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.