New release 2.0.RC1

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell New release 2.0.RC1

This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_fulvio 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

imported_fulvio
    Participant

Hi,

Zeroshell 2.0.RC1 has a new kernel (3.4.6) that enables a better recognition of the latest hardware. The Wi-Fi section, using the ath9k kernel module, supports the 802.11n standard (thanks to Arth for the contribution for the upgrade of the wifi-manager). The atheling’s patch was included to allow to use QoS and network balancing simultaneously. In addition to OpenVPN and IPSec/L2TP you can use PPTP as a VPN protocol for users whose authentication can be delegated also to an external RADIUS. Several bugs were fixed with particular attention to the Captive Portal.

Regards
    Fulvio

paulparkes

I look forward to testing this version.
    Previous versions have proved to be very reliable

krok

Thanks fulvio, i test it and it works very good

Test with proxmox (KVM) with HDD virtio and NET virtio.

dto

hi fulvio,

Do you have a how-to for compile kernel in this new release?
    i need to add a module “parport_pc” in the kernel.

Thanks

benryanau

Congrats to Fulvio for putting out a new build of ZS!
    ZS has the potential to rival the very best router/firewall/gateway packages out there.. it just needs more work!

Unless you make it your day job (hah) this means opening up the project and letting us (the users) help you.. I’ll post elsewhere my ideas for this but anyway great to see updates and hope ZS keeps growing!

Screwloose

The New RC wont boot in my xenserver anymore. 🙁 the 1.0 16b works

djbristol

hi Fulvio,

good job for ZeroShell !!!

Which patch of netfilter layer 7 are you use for compile this version?

Best regard,

Thanks

krok

L7filter appear don’t work.

dave_d

Yes I tried the L7 Qos and I can’t see any matches to traffic I defined to be subject to QOS

vcp_ai

@krok wrote:

Thanks fulvio, i test it and it works very good

Test with proxmox (KVM) with HDD virtio and NET virtio.

Could you please explain your proxmox config ?
    – Have you dedicated lan cards for zeroshell ?
    – What is your host network config ?

Regards

vicente

Oliver

@screwloose wrote:

The New RC wont boot in my xenserver anymore. 🙁 the 1.0 16b works

Same over here with XenServer 6.0.2… it just stresses the vCPU to 100%.

infotech

Fulvio,

I have multiple vm’s and physical machines that I run ZeroShell-16 and on all of them the Layer7 matching through iptables works, even in the QoS portion (which is really in the mangle table POSTROUTING chain).

With ZeroShell 2.0 RC1 Layer7 does not work at all, nowhere. I have noted that in ZeroShell-16 the version of iptables utilized is 1.4.0 while in ZeroShell-2.0 the version is 1.4.13. It is also of note that the kernel version of ZeroShell-16 is 2.6.25 while ZeroShell-2.0 it is 3.4.6.

The announcement of 2.0 RC1 mentions improvements regarding QoS functionality, but does not mention anything at all about Layer7 being completely broken.

Did you test this before you put it together? Is this a problem solely related to userspace Layer7 application? I noted that are questions in this thread relating to Layer7 failures from as far back as Aug 2012 and NO REPLY from you, since this is a fairly significant component of your product can you give some direction?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.