New release 1.0.beta9

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell New release 1.0.beta9

This topic contains 25 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_fulvio 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

imported_fulvio
    Participant

Zeroshell 1.0.beta9 is now available. This release contains a Transparent Web Proxy (HAVP) that uses ClamAV Antivirus to scan the web pages visited by the users in order to block Viruses and Worms. In addition, the proxy server allows to manage a Blacklist and a Whitelist of URLs.
    A flag in the Captive Portal configuration now allows to disable the SSL protocol in the case it is not required for security reason. By using this flag, it is possible to eliminate the security warnings of the user browsers when the X.509 certificate is not signed by a trusted Certification Authority.
    The flow of QoS classifier has been changed and it is now more intuitive. Apache and OpenSSL packages have been updated, because the previous versions were vulnerable as reported by Nessus.

Regards
    Fulvio

pushka

Can I use ISO 9 instead 8 in VMWare?

imported_fulvio
    Participant

Yes, you can.

pushka

8)

caspat

Hi,
    Is AutoUpdate is suppose to work?
    In the web interface i can see that there is a update but it does not appear in Available Updates…
    Patrick

imported_fulvio
    Participant

The new release is only announced in the message board, but you need to manually download the image to install it.

The autoupdate system will allow minor updates.

Regards
    Fulvio

rochajoel

The AV updates automaticaly? Is it possible to disable the AV?
    Nice going with the transparent proxy 😀
    Unfortunatelly i can’t use this… I got to buy a wifi card that runs with this drivers…

Best Regards. Joel Rocha.

imported_fulvio
    Participant

The ClamAV Virus signatures are automatically updated. If you want to disable this features you have to disable the flasg “AutoUpdate Virus Signatures” in [HTTP Proxy] section.
    Why do you want to disable the online antivirus signature updates?

Regards
    Fulvio

raymond

@fulvio

Do you update the L7-filter definition (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=80085&package_id=81756)?

It is possible to autoupdate these definitions?

rochajoel

Fulvio, what i meant was, is it possible to disable the anti virus?

Is it also possible to configure zeroshell to work with other proxys? because my ISP has a proxy, and i can only connect to the internet through the proxy or the socks server… so i have to tunnel all the trafic through the proxy, or the socks server…

imported_fulvio
    Participant

You can disable the antivirus in the proxy configuration, but at the moment you cannot use the cascade proxy.

The autoupdate of the L7 filter will be implemented as soon as possible.

Regards
    Fulvio

JFO

@fulvio wrote:

The new release is only announced in the message board, but you need to manually download the image to install it.

The autoupdate system will allow minor updates.

Regards
    Fulvio

Hi !
    So how can we install the new release without lost the configuration ? 🙂

aeronet

I imagine that you run the new release and activate the data base you allready have.
    This Web Proxy is a great thing that Fulvio added to ZS. I´m going tho tried now, and if it works as well as the whole ZS, it´s a great addicion to a great job.
    😆

ArturoGH

First and foremost, I extend my greetings, wanted consultarte, that if possible by the Web HTTP proxy, storing data in the hard disk, (websites) and so the customer does not have to spend unnecessary appeals routers, thus streamlining the management of data (Cache transparent), and if not, whether somewhere in añadiras this property to zeroshell which is an excellent distribution …

imported_fulvio
    Participant

Sorry, but the proxy system used by Zeroshell (HAVP) is not for caching purpose. In the future I could configure Squid to act as web cache proxy.

Regards
    Fulvio

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.