New Kernel with better performance

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell New Kernel with better performance

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_fulvio 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

imported_fulvio
    Participant

Hi,
    the Kernel 4.1.15 is available for Zeroshell.
    This Kernel provides better hardware support and will be used as default Kernel in the next Zeroshell Releases.
    It has been configured with scheduler frequency and policy parameters that improve the network performance and ensure low latency operations.
    Using this Kernel, it appears, there is a impressive reduction of the system load.
    Regards
    Fulvio

alpha_wall

Fulvio,

I have not seen dramatic changes in any of the performance metrics the upgrade with the new packager manager however was very easy and did go really well.

Keep up your amazing work I love my zeroshell firewall

FF

I’m having troubles updating to this kernel ( pkg 49400 ).
    Currently 64-Bit Kernel 3.18.21 ( pkg 49300 ) is installed.
    When trying to install 49400 add-on it says:

ERROR: the package 49300 is not compatible with the package 49400

Isn’t this update supposed to be compatible with 64-bit, or am I missing some steps?

Thanks

Montikore
    Participant

i have the same issue :S
    what to do? wait for next release?

edit : i removed the other 64bits package and were able to install this one. you have then to choose the new kernel in the boot manager.

passwadre

@fulvio wrote:

Hi,
    the Kernel 4.1.15 is available for Zeroshell.
    This Kernel provides better hardware support and will be used as default Kernel in the next Zeroshell Releases.
    It has been configured with scheduler frequency and policy parameters that improve the network performance and ensure low latency operations.
    Using this Kernel, it appears, there is a impressive reduction of the system load.
    Regards
    Fulvio

How do I install the kernel

Montikore
    Participant

click install…

passwadre

@montikore wrote:

click install…

I dont have subscription how can I get activation

Montikore
    Participant

if you had have a little look around you, you’d see how… i’m sorry but i feel a bit uncomfortable to answer people who do not say hello, and do not search at all… what you ask is answered is the 10 first threads.

no moderator on this forum?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.