Net Balancer

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Net Balancer

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Smokeshow 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Smokeshow

I am trying to use the new Net Balancer feature of beta 11 and am not having any success. I was wondering if anyone (fulvio) could explain to me what I need to set.

My network connections are as follows:

ETH0: (Wan #1, 1.5Mbps)
    IP: 72.45.80.5
    Netmask: 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway: 72.45.80.1 (Not quite sure where to set this)

ETH1: (Wan #2, 1.5Mbps)
    IP: 72.45.87.5
    Default Gateway: 72.45.87.1 (Not quite sure where to set this)

ETH2: (Lan)
    IP: 192.168.1.1

I have tried many different methods of getting the load balancing & fault tolerance to work on this, but have had no luck yet.

If anyone could tell me exactly what I should be setting up, or point me to some documentation on this new feature, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

J. Ryan

some hints about netbalancer would be usefull 🙂

imported_fulvio
    Participant

Next week a guide about net balancer will be available.
    At the moment I can tell you:

1) add ETH00 and ETH01 in the NAT list in the section [Router][NAT]

2) add the gateways 72.45.80.1 and 72.45.87.1 by clicking on the button [Add] of the section [Net Balancer][Manage]: in the form that appears you just have to fill the IP of the gateway and the description

3) enable the Net Balancer

4) if you want the failover mechanism works correctly enable the [Failover Monitor] and add at least one external IP to ping. You could use the IPs of the gateway as Failover IP Addresses but external IPs are better.

Regards
    Fulvio

Smokeshow

@fulvio wrote:

1) add ETH00 and ETH01 in the NAT list in the section [Router][NAT]

2) add the gateways 72.45.80.1 and 72.45.87.1 by clicking on the button [Add] of the section [Net Balancer][Manage]: in the form that appears you just have to fill the IP of the gateway and the description

3) enable the Net Balancer

4) if you want the failover mechanism works correctly enable the [Failover Monitor] and add at least one external IP to ping. You could use the IPs of the gateway as Failover IP Addresses but external IPs are better.

Regards
    Fulvio

Yes, I managed to figure this out shortly after my post. Thank you very much for the reply though! It works excellent!

petek

@fulvio wrote:

Sir, is the guide available as yet please. I see the details on the web site front page, but it only refers to client side and not server side config.

TIA

unsichtbare

I think Zeroshell is awesome, thank you!
    Even though I should have known better, it was the hint in this post to add BOTH Wan interfaces to NAT in the routing section that seems to have done the trick.

-J

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.