Net balancer problem

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Net balancer problem

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  kennchee 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

kennchee

i have 2 Ethernet connection and i had created a net balance configuration, i try it out and it’s working. my problem is, when two Ethernet were in active status, i’m trying ping to public “8.8.8.8” continuously and i get a reply, but when i unplug my default ethernet cable it request time out, the connection totally disconnected. i open up another cmd and ping to different ip “8.8.4.4” i will get an reply. i’m wondering why ping to 8.8.8.8 doesn’t resume on my failover connection and i have to reestablish only will get the reply. failover should resume without losing any connection isn’t it?

anyone can help me?

ppalias

Do a traceroute on this to verify that packets indeed go to the wrong interface and get dropped. Although when an interface goes down it should clear all of its routing cache.

kennchee

how can i set to clear the routing cache automatically whenever the interface is down?

ppalias

This is done automatically. Do you see that even though an interface is down, the routes still exist? Show us a print of the routing table.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.