net balancer and vpn and web traffic.

Home Page Forums Network Management Firewall, Traffic Shaping and Net Balancer net balancer and vpn and web traffic.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Sim3 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Sim3

Hi,
    I’have a zeroshell with a Hdsl connection and adsl connection.
    I’d like to do that:
    Hdsl connection used for vpn lan to lan and open vpn client-lan.
    Asdl used only to web traffic.
    So I have two gateway (one default).
    On lan-to-lan connection I can select the gateway, but no on client-to-lan connection. I thoght to put a static route (the road warrior lan to a gateway). I’m right?
    To direct the web traffic I can use the Balance roules?

Many thanks

ppalias

For all of the demands you have you should use balancing rules to force specific traffic, depending on IP address or port, to be directed via a specific gateway.

Sim3

You think with such configuration I can use the trasparent proxy on the web traffic?

@ppalias wrote:

For all of the demands you have you should use balancing rules to force specific traffic, depending on IP address or port, to be directed via a specific gateway.

ppalias

Yeah, I don’t see the reason why not to use it.

Sim3

With such configuration I’have some trouble with openvpn client.
    When I start the network balance the client can’t connect because the secondo Adsl connection drop their traffic. I read that on client logs.
    I builded a balance roule that direct the road warrior on one gateway, but it don’t works. I thik because the tunnel it’s no already build.

Some Ideas?

Many Thamks

ppalias

You should then create some rules to force VPN traffic flow from the desired interface, not a random one. Also make sure the same thing is applied on the other side.

Sim3

What do you mean to force by a rule?
    Rule in the net balancing o where?
    The open vpn is the VPN99.

ppalias

Okay first of all at the configuration of the lan to lan vpn tunnels you may select which wan interface will be used. For the host to lan interface the same thing is not working, so you have to create a netbalancing rule to force traffic, e.g from TCP/1194, to go through a specific wan interface.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.