Net Balancer and inbound traffic

Home Page Forums Network Management Firewall, Traffic Shaping and Net Balancer Net Balancer and inbound traffic

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ksrimoungchanh 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hello All:

I have 2 ISP on my ZS. Each ISP provides me with 5 static IP address. I have virtual server setup that uses both external IP from each IP Block that points back to the same internal host that response.

I am having issues that are not consistent. Example, I have a internal webserver. From External side, I go to the website via the Virtual Server IP on the first ISP assigned IP. This works.. Then when I try it on the second ISP assigned IP, there is an error. If I keep refreshing it finally goes through.

I have create virtual server for both IP address. One for the ISP1 and one for ISP2.

I have played with the balancing rules. Have made it much better, but it still takes a few refresh to get to the site.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

KS

ppalias

I believe it has to do with packets not going out of the same interface as they came in. I had the same problem in some way and hope in the next release it will be fixed.

atheling

@ppalias wrote:

I believe it has to do with packets not going out of the same interface as they came in. I had the same problem in some way and hope in the next release it will be fixed.

Hmmm. I believe that I addressed that on the Netbalance/QOS patch I sent Fulvio last November/December.

Thanks for the replies..

ppalias, you are right.. it does seems like exactly what you discribe.

atheling, I looked in the update section, but did not see any updates that pertains to this. I am on Release 1.0 Beta 12. Where could I get the updates and are their any details to implement the updates?

Thanks again,

KS

atheling

@ksrimoungchanh wrote:

Thanks for the replies..

ppalias, you are right.. it does seems like exactly what you discribe.

atheling, I looked in the update section, but did not see any updates that pertains to this. I am on Release 1.0 Beta 12. Where could I get the updates and are their any details to implement the updates?

Thanks again,

KS

PM me your email and I’ll email my patches to you.

meginet

i have installed the 1.0.beta13 and i configured it quite the same as described before, also i have some problems when trying to go into the lan for example if i try to connect to a windows server via RDP i can connect to it (via both public ip adresses) but the RDP session is working for same seconds and than is pausing same seconds and so on.

also if i try to connect and external OpenVpn client to an OpenVpn server on the LAN the connection is going up and down frequently.

ppalias

Search in the forum for Atheling’s patch for the netbalancer. It should do the job until FUlvio includes it in the next release.

meginet

thanks for the reply but i was searching for the patch and i didn’t find it, may you give me more info ?

ppalias

Take a look in this thread.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.