Need Help

Home Page Forums Network Management Networking Need Help

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Harley Ben 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Harley Ben

Hi my cousin is experiencing a weird connection problem to PSN. His ip has been blocked by PSN services due to some malware/virus/spamware is present in his computer. He connects from the same router as his pc is connected from. My question here is, is it possible to track in that much depth to know if a user has some sort of malware in his any device by just looking at your ip and submask?

mariad

I think you should ask your cousin to install some anti-virus/malware software that will surely help detect if there is any virus or malware affecting the system.
    Just looking at the IP as far as my knowledge goes would not help.

DrmCa
    Participant

Is this related to Zeroshell? How?
    If your cousing runs ZS on his router, why would he not just backup profile, reimage the router from a fresh download and restore profile to erase any possible virus?

Harley Ben

@drmca wrote:

Is this related to Zeroshell? How?
    If your cousing runs ZS on his router, why would he not just backup profile, reimage the router from a fresh download and restore profile to erase any possible virus?

Yes he uses ZS that’s why I put it here brother.

It was due to the virus and malware present in his other system. PSN was blocking his access. He’s not banned now. He is using it, he just had to run a scan and detect that virus.

Harley Ben

@mariad wrote:

I think you should ask your cousin to install some anti-virus/malware software that will surely help detect if there is any virus or malware affecting the system.
    Just looking at the IP as far as my knowledge goes would not help.

Yes he contacted the PS support on twitter and told them about the issue, they gave him a guide and there were reasons listed for ‘why your profile got banned or why PSN is rejecting your Ip’. One of the reasons were about having a spyware, malware or any sort of virus in your computer system that is connected from a same router, PS has some sort of hawkeye that monitors connection. If they detect something smelly on the other end, they just don’t allow their user to enter PSN system.

mariad

So has he opted for a anti-spyware? If yes which one. I know a gamer would not be waiting so long.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.