nDPI no protocols – ZS 3.8.2

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell nDPI no protocols – ZS 3.8.2

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    cdpearce
    Participant

I keep my system up to date, so I am running ZS 3.8.2 with the 64-bit kernel. The only package I have installed is Nmap.

I have not used nDPI before, and want to explore it. When I go to the firewall and add a new rule and click on nDPI Manager, another window pops up. It has sections for “Available Protocols” and “Selected Protocols”, but both lists are empty.

Is there something else I have to install to get the protocols to show up?

Thanks in advance for your help.

itanveer
    Participant

I have also the same problem, after installing 4.4.96-ZS-64, the list of available protocols in nDPI manager is gone, however it was visible with kernel 4.4.95-ZS

Is there a way to get back the list or shall we step down our kernel?

Thanks

Malik Ilyas

akhtarch

Facing the same problem 🙁
    Downgraded the kernel for the time but want to use 64-bit kernel 4.4.96-ZS-64
    because we are using 64Bit hardware.

Thank you in advance,

Akhtar Ali Javed

cdpearce
    Participant

I still don’t have a solution to this problem. I took a loot at the Deep Packet Inspection post on the right side of this website and found a command to try:

iptables -mndpi –help

It returns the error:
    iptables v1.4.21: xt_ndpi: kernel module not load.
    Try `iptables -h’ or ‘iptables –help’ for more information.

Does that help identify the problem?

infierno
    Participant

ese problema se presenta en la version de 64 en la de 32 no hay ese problema

that problem is presented in the version of 64 in that of 32 there is no problem

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by infierno.
    • This reply was modified 8 months ago by infierno.
    cdpearce
    Participant

I recently had a hardware failure and ended up reinstalling the current version (ZS 3.9.3 with 64-bit kernel 4.14.83). Even though I restored the configuration from a backup, the nDPI tables were now present. So, I think the original problem must have been due to some historical upgrade that messed it up.

If you need this functionality, I would backup your running configuration, reinstall ZS and restore the configuration. That should make it work.

cdpearce
    Participant

That’s funny. Forget everything I just said. It turns out I was accidentally running the 32-bit version and that’s why it’s working. So, reinstalling probably won’t help you. Just boot the 32-bit kernel instead.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.