NAT/Masquerading not forwarding packets to gateway

Home Page Forums Network Management Networking NAT/Masquerading not forwarding packets to gateway

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  retiredipcop 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

retiredipcop

Please forgive me if my terminology is not absolutely perfect in every last single way. Networking is not my first language.

I have installed and configured zeroshell a couple of times now, but I am having difficulty implementing forwarding of packets through the firewall from ETH00 to the gateway device.

I can successfully ping a public server in the cloud from inside of the box, using the shell escape utility built into zeroshell. But I cannot ping any public server from behind the firewall (i.e., from any box on the friendly side of the zeroshell box).

I’ve followed the directions in http://www.zeroshell.net/listing/1_1_NAT_in_ZeroShell.pdf, but I still can’t ping from behind the firewall. I have not tried an ordinary web page via this router yet. I just want to verify that I can ping from there.

I’m guessing that I might have to add icmp rules to the firewall. Any help would be appreciated. I’ll keep hacking from my end… Thanks.

retiredipcop

For some reason, it began working today. Not sure why. I think it may be related to how I have my DNS configured. It works from some machines, but not all.

DrmCa
    Participant

Not sure if it helps, but when I set up the forwarding rules and forward from PPP0 they work.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.