Multiple static public IPs on external interface?

Home Page Forums Network Management Networking Multiple static public IPs on external interface?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ttrepper 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ttrepper

Hi all,

I have an internet service provider into which I am dialing in via DSL and which routes 5 static public IP’s to my interface.

Can I handle this setup in zeroshell?

Thanks a lot,

Thomas

NimaahPotts

Yes you can handle the zero shell with the current internet services you are using. Because I am doing the same thing.

ttrepper

Hi NimaahPotts,

thanks a lot for answering and I am happy that it will work. My question is: what do I have to setup? I have started zeroshell once from the LiveCD but I did not find any way to declare several static IPs.

How is the connection thworking with this setup? Is it balanced or failover?

Thanks a lot,
    Thomas

continuous

@ttrepper wrote:

Hi NimaahPotts,

thanks a lot for answering and I am happy that it will work. My question is: what do I have to setup? I have started zeroshell once from the LiveCD but I did not find any way to declare several static IPs.

How is the connection thworking with this setup? Is it balanced or failover?

Thanks a lot,
    Thomas

Not sure if you have solved this Thomas, but I believe that when you setup your ISP, either he will give you an ip address with a subnet mask to reflect the addresses you have, or you have to configure that when you configure the ISP details on zeroconf.

As far as I know, load balance and Failover relate to multiple WANs not multiple address on the WAN – I could be wrong though….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.