multiple scopes on DHCP

Home Page Forums Network Management Linux and Networking multiple scopes on DHCP

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  dirkb 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

dirkb

Not sure if it’s in the correct subforum.

I would like to do the following:
    within my network I have 2 internet connections
    I want to force some PCs to go via connection_1 and some others via connection_2. My idea was to have a DHCP server that has 2 scopes. Each scope has its own default gateway. And within each scope there are a couple of reservations. That way I can force that pc_1 goes to gateway_1 and pc_2 to gateway_2.
    Is this possible with zeroshell?
    And can this be done when I would only use a Zeroshell system with just one NIC?

dirk

ppalias

What you ask is very easy with ZS if it has both wan connections attached. Then with the Load Balancing rules you can assign each client to a specific gateway. With one connection I am not sure if you can make it. ISC-DHCP has the ability of per-host gateway, but it is not exactly implemented on the web gui.

dirkb

The WANs are NOT directly connected. They are “on the network” accible via a different default gateway.

ppalias

Then you have to make sure that ZS is between all those clients and the internet gateways and proceed as I have told you above.

dirkb

and does anybody know a solution were “the product” to use has a webinterface for it too?

dirk.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.