Multiple 3G aggregation through VPN tunnels

Home Page Forums Network Management VPN Multiple 3G aggregation through VPN tunnels

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  geniusweb 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

geniusweb

Hello there, I would like to create working solution of 3G aggregation router through VPN tunnels. I tried to read a lot of about this problem and now I am really confused from informations. So my question is:

Is it possible to aggregate 6 3g connections and increase bandwidth with two zeroshell routers? I heard it’s possible through 6 separated VPN tunnels and if I will use OpenVPN there is no need to have 6 static external IP addresses, just one on the side of central server (not mobile unit side). Is it really true? How is it possible there is no need to have static IP on the 3g modems?

And is it possible to stream live video (UDP based, RTMP protocol) through this VPN lan to lan solution?

Thank you very much for your answers.

Juraj Z.

sogetsu25g

@geniusweb wrote:

Hello there, I would like to create working solution of 3G aggregation router through VPN tunnels. I tried to read a lot of about this problem and now I am really confused from informations. So my question is:

Is it possible to aggregate 6 3g connections and increase bandwidth with two zeroshell routers? I heard it’s possible through 6 separated VPN tunnels and if I will use OpenVPN there is no need to have 6 static external IP addresses, just one on the side of central server (not mobile unit side). Is it really true? How is it possible there is no need to have static IP on the 3g modems?

And is it possible to stream live video (UDP based, RTMP protocol) through this VPN lan to lan solution?

Thank you very much for your answers.

Juraj Z.

Hi im doing the same research for bonding 3g broadbands. From what i see in the doc of this link
    http://www.zeroshell.net/eng/load-balancing-failover/#intro

in this question (Is it really possible to increase the Internet connection bandwidth?)

they answer that basically zeroshell does load balance and the BW aggregation will be noticed only for multiple users, as also mentioned here http://beusergroup.co.uk/technotes/index.php/VPN_Bonding ,and there it seems that for UDP zeroshell dont do traffic split with UDP so there is not BW aggregation then. By the way they mention pfsense that its seems to be capable of split the traffic in UDP needed for video streaming.

atm i’m still doing some research about this to see if its possible, if you find something about it i’d like to know.

P.D: there is also a dead thread about this http://www.zeroshell.net/eng/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5435&sid=3846b7906b49916a3d590a27d4337913

zerver

Well, I’m looking to do the same thing basically. I want a VPN connection to a remote server that behaves exactly as a single fast connection even though it will be aggregated over multiple slower 3G modems.

I assume I need one ZeroShell machine at each end, and right now I’m mostly interested in learning from anyone with real world experience from a setup like this. Is it reliable? What happens if one of the modems suddenly experiences a connection problem (high packet loss etc) ?

Zeqro

Obviously you can… Fulvio explains it in the same how-to when he says that you can create a layer 2 VPN tunnel and bond these together.

That’s usually how all aggregation is done regardless of the connection used.

As far as static IPs is concerned, I recommend registering each Zeroshell device with a dns server online and so getting a hostname.

It works as I’ve tested it myself.

And just my two cents worth:

If you’re opening this topic it means you’ve not done enough research as all info is available in these forums and Google…

Anonymous

DELETED

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.