Multicast forward?

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Multicast forward?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Cwelle 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Cwelle

Can I forward multicast from WAN to LAN with ZeroShell?

I have IPTV multicast trafic on WAN side which I would like to make available to LAN machines.

Cwelle

anyone???

ppalias

I haven’t ever forwarded multicast traffic. Are you aware of how it’s done on Linux in general? Or do you have any router in mind that forwards it?

Cwelle

Linksys WRT54GL with dd-wrt can do forwarding but the router is slow for my needs.

I don’t know how it’s done in linux.

ppalias

Ok I’ll take a look on that to see if it can be integrated in ZS.

mshish

@ppalias wrote:

Ok I’ll take a look on that to see if it can be integrated in ZS.

I actually need something similar. I need multicast to forward over a LAN-to-LAN OpenVPN connection. It appears the ZeroShell kernel has the basic multicast routing enabled, but there’s some part of the equation that’s missing, perhaps a userspace multicast router like mrouter? If you check the /proc/sys/net/ipv4/mc_forwarding (approximate path, might be off a bit), it defaults to zero for each interface. You cannot set that setting manually, I think either a certain kernel flag is missing or only multicast routing user space apps can do it.

scarja

ppalias did you ever or did anyone ever integrate multicast forwarding?

I have airplay devices on one VLAN and would like to forward the multicast traffic on the same freenet wireless devices connect to on the captive portal.

Thanks,
    James

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.