mrtg-traffic-sum errors

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell mrtg-traffic-sum errors

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  jpJxPhOuhvqc 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

jpJxPhOuhvqc
    Participant

Hi,

I’m trying to work out how much traffic I used in a month. bandwidthd isn’t enabled but I assumed that MRTG must be able to reconstruct the amount of data used as it can graph the historic use over the past month etc.
    Ref: http://oss.oetiker.ch/mrtg/doc/mrtg-traffic-sum.en.html

However the command:

/cdrom/usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/mrtg-traffic-sum /var/register/system/mrtg/mrtg.conf

Produces errors:

Subroutine SNMP_Session::pack_sockaddr_in6 redefined at /usr/lib/perl5/5.18.1/Exporter.pm line 66.
    at /cdrom/usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/../lib/mrtg2/SNMP_Session.pm line 149.
    Subroutine SNMP_Session::unpack_sockaddr_in6 redefined at /usr/lib/perl5/5.18.1/Exporter.pm line 66.
    at /cdrom/usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/../lib/mrtg2/SNMP_Session.pm line 149.
    Subroutine SNMPv1_Session::pack_sockaddr_in6 redefined at /usr/lib/perl5/5.18.1/Exporter.pm line 66.
    at /cdrom/usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/../lib/mrtg2/SNMP_Session.pm line 604.
    Subroutine SNMPv1_Session::unpack_sockaddr_in6 redefined at /usr/lib/perl5/5.18.1/Exporter.pm line 66.
    at /cdrom/usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/../lib/mrtg2/SNMP_Session.pm line 604.
    Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at /cdrom/usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/mrtg-traffic-sum line 117.
    Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at /cdrom/usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/mrtg-traffic-sum line 117.
    Subject: Traffic total for '/var/register/system/mrtg/mrtg.conf' (1.9) 2015/12

Start: Tue Dec 1 00:00:00 2015
    End: Thu Dec 31 23:59:59 2015
    Interface In+Out in MB
    root@zeroshell mrtg>

Am I misunderstanding how MRTG works? Should I be able to run this command or does MRTG just modify the images without keeping a historic database of the traffic usage in database or flatfile format?

Hope someone can explain or enable me to “reverse work out” how much data I’ve used on my PPP interface in the past month.

Thank you… and happy new year!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.