More OpenVPN Host-to-LAN VPNs, disable redirect gateway

Home Page Forums Network Management Networking More OpenVPN Host-to-LAN VPNs, disable redirect gateway

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  JR_Ewing 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

JR_Ewing

Hello

Iam testing zeroshell for my infrastructure ( it is really great ) and I have at the moment two VPNs, one for admin, one for clients with different rights and IP addresses ( router with debian ).
    Is possible to create another Host-to-LAN VPN?

And second question, is possible to disable parameter redirect-gateway for OpenVPN? I want to have access to local network of client computer as well.

imported_fulvio
    Participant

You can simulate a second host-to-LAN OpenVPN by activating a LAN-to-LAN one. In this case you could use only X.509 authentication. Kerberos 5 and RADIUS authentication are not possible for L2L VPN. Staring with the release 1.0.beta11 you could use a Preshared Key Authentication.

If you don’t want that the OpenVPN parameter redirect-gateway is pushed to the clients, use the button [Net] (release 1.0.beta10+) to specify the networks you want to reach across the VPN.

Regard
    Fulvio

JR_Ewing

@fulvio wrote:

You can simulate a second host-to-LAN OpenVPN by activating a LAN-to-LAN one. In this case you could use only X.509 authentication. Kerberos 5 and RADIUS authentication are not possible for L2L VPN. Staring with the release 1.0.beta11 you could use a Preshared Key Authentication.

If you don’t want that the OpenVPN parameter redirect-gateway is pushed to the clients, use the button [Net] (release 1.0.beta10+) to specify the networks you want to reach across the VPN.

Regard
    Fulvio

Thank you for your answer. Looks like ZeroShell is not ready to replace my main router, so I must stay with debian there. Never mind, still zeroshell is great project for ordinary use ( Iam a little bit fool with my network infrastructure ) and I am going to use it at intranet wired/wireless routers and PtP links ).

JR_Ewing

Solution: I will make a virtual router ( ESXi server ) for VPN and I will have VPN server there, and I will install Zeroshell to router too.
    Keep luck with your project

JR

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.