Module compilation HELL… FS is RO. Can’t compile.

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Module compilation HELL… FS is RO. Can’t compile.

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  arfon 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

arfon
    Participant

My setup: ZS3.4.0 installed on harddrive.

I picked up a RTL8153 based USB gigabit adapter. The r8152 modules in ZS are apparently broken for this chipset and the fix (according to some forums) is to recompile the latest module.

I grabbed the latest source from Realtek (http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=56&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false) and tried to compile it but, it fails:

make[1]: *** /lib/modules/3.18.21-ZS/build: No such file or directory. Stop.

It wants to write to /lib/modules/3.18.21-ZS/build which is a symbolic link to /usr/src/linux-3.18.21 (which does not exist).

So I

mkdir /usr/src/linux-3.18.21

…and it tells me “cannot create directory… Read-only file system”.

So I check the mounts and mount shows / is mounted RW:

tmpfs on / type tmpfs (rw)

So I

mount -o remount,rw /

…and it doesn’t fix the problem…

Q1: How do you mount the filesystem RW so you can make changes?

Q2: How do you save those changes across reboots?

Q3: How do you compile and add/remove kernel modules?

reaperz

You can only keep changes on /Database/ partition.

I have earlier modified Zeroshell quite a lot, using pre boot and post boot scripts. Created my own partition, copied data from CDROM partition to that and mounted that instead of CDROM.

But for a while now I have used standard edition so don’t remember exactly how was it done!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.