Modify profile?

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Modify profile?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  mountainman 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

mountainman
    Participant

Is there a way to modify an existing profile (or create a modified copy)? For example, when I first set up ZS several years ago I left a lot of things alone, like the hostname and K5 realm using example.com. I’d like to change that, while not changing other settings and stuff like user name lists and other configuration settings, while upgrading to 3.6 and a new box. How can I do this?

DrmCa
    Participant

Not sure I understand your challenge.
    Are you looking to backup a profile, make a change to the backup, then restore it on the new box?
    Perhaps I would simply make the necessary changes in the Web UI before or after migration, am I missing anything?

mountainman
    Participant

The problem is that there seems to be no way to change the description, hostname, or K5 realm of an existing profile, and if I copy a profile, it inherits these things with no way no change them.

reaperz

Hello

Changing hostname is possible:

https://www.zeroshell.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=399

Changing kerberos stuff and certificates is also possible. Just delete the current ones via GUI and create a new ones!

I do NOT know of a way to change Profile Description. If you know, please enlighten us.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.