ML-PPP Question

Home Page Forums Network Management Networking ML-PPP Question

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  byruda 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

byruda

In a post by ‘borage’ on Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:45 pm in the network section of the forum, he or she mentions that,”ML-PPP is the only technology that is possible to configure within zeroshell. . .”, this in connection with the bonding of LAN-to-LAN VPN channels.

I am writing in the hope that someone can verify zeroshell’s support for ML-PPP. I am running beta7 and will switch to beta8 next weekend. I viewed the ‘make bond’ screen in beta7 and do not see anything explicit about ML-PPP; specifically the two bonding modes: Fault Tolerance and Load Balancing; and Fault Tolerance Only.

I must order multiple ADSL circuits tomorrow from our local carrier who does support ML-PPP.

Can someone confirm for me 1) whether, to obtain the benefit of joining two DSL circuits to create a fatter pipe in zeroshell, I need to order ML-PPP on the DSL lines and 2) what, if anything, do I need to do to inform zeroshell that the lines are ML-PPP capable.

Thanks for your help.

imported_fulvio
    Participant

Zeroshell does not support MP-PPP. It instead supports Ethernet and VPN bonding.

Regards
    Fulvio

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.