Microsoft Domain Authentication Support?

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Microsoft Domain Authentication Support?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Nyle 11 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Nyle

I asked a while ago about eDirectory support. Since it’s most likely a less requested feature and eDirectory support PDC emulation does ZeroShell support domain authentication? I see that it has Active Directory support listed under LDAP.

Freeradius support it
    # authentication to a Windows Domain Controller (via ntlm_auth and winbindd)

If it doesn’t support it is there any chance it might be added? This would allow us to be able to use ZeroShell as our complete Radius solution for WPA protected authentication to our network and servers from the Microsoft client.

Thanks for any replies.

-Nyle

imported_fulvio
    Participant

At the moment the FreeRadius configured in Zeroshell is only able to authenticate and authorizate by using the local LDAP server.
    In the future I’ll try to configure it to use external LDAP and Kerberos 5 servers such as Active Directory.

Regards
    Fulvio

Nyle

@fulvio wrote:

At the moment the FreeRadius configured in Zeroshell is only able to authenticate and authorizate by using the local LDAP server.
    In the future I’ll try to configure it to use external LDAP and Kerberos 5 servers such as Active Directory.

Regards
    Fulvio

Thanks Fulvio,

That would be really sweet. I can support LDAP and Samba 3 will do AD if memory serves which I could also host on my SuSe box. That would allow me to use Zeroshell to authenticate into my existing directory and avoid creating separate users for everyone.

I’ll cross my fingers that you win a lot of money and the support comes out sooner than later. 😀

Nyle

The more I think about it, if Zeroshell supported external LDAP for authentication it would support AD, Edirectory and many other directories that have native support for LDAP.

Thanks,
    -Nyle

imported_fulvio
    Participant

It’s no so easy, because an external LDAP source should have the same schemas loaded on Zeroshell. I don’t know if it is possible to extend Active Directory and Novell eDirectory Directory Servers with schemas created for OpenLDAP.

Regards
    Fulvio

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.