Manual mapping of ETHnn names to hardware interfaces

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Manual mapping of ETHnn names to hardware interfaces

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  cdpearce 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

cdpearce
    Participant

I recently added a 4 port ethernet card to my ZS box and wanted to remove the 2 port card that was there previously. ETH00 is the motherboard ethernet port. ETH01 and ETH02 were on the 2 port card. Now that I have added the 4 port card, I had hoped that ETH01 and ETH02 would simply migrate to the new card and add ETH03 and ETH04. What actually happened is that ETH01 and ETH02 were retained, but marked as removed. The new card is now ETH03 – ETH06.

This is frustrating! I have complex rules throughout the system that by necessity include ETH01 and ETH02 (and their VLANs). For now, I have put the system back the way it was while I look for a solution. I don’t want to have to hand craft an entirely new configuration changing the ETH numbers throughout.

Is there a mapping somewhere that associates ETH numbers with the underlying hardware interfaces that could be edited to reflect my new configuration? If not, perhaps this is a feature request that this mapping be added to the GUI somewhere in the Setup section so that the mapping can be applied manually.

Does anyone have other thoughts on this?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.