Mangle chains

Home Page Forums Network Management Signal a BUG Mangle chains

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  atheling 9 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

atheling

Hi Fulvio,

While staring at the mangle tables thinking how to address the issue of route persistence for HTTP/S sessions I noticed the following:

1. The NetBalance chain is referenced in three chains: PREROUTING, INPUT and OUTPUT. I don’t believe that the reference in the INPUT chain is required and could be safely removed.

2. The NB_STAT chain is only referenced in the POSTROUTING chain so it is missing out on counting traffic that is terminated on the Zeroshell box itself. Perhaps it should also be referenced/called in the INPUT chain.

If you like I could come up with a patch to make those changes.

imported_fulvio
    Participant

Yes I’d like. I appreciate your patches and surely I’ll include them in the next release.
    Do you have tried the VPN bonding to increase the layer 2 bandwidth? I am not sure that it works correctly and I’d like to have your opinion.

Regards
    Fulvio

atheling

@fulvio wrote:

Yes I’d like. I appreciate your patches and surely I’ll include them in the next release.
    Do you have tried the VPN bonding to increase the layer 2 bandwidth? I am not sure that it works correctly and I’d like to have your opinion.

Regards
    Fulvio

Sorry I did not respond earlier.

I don’t really have an environment where I can test VPN bonding. I’d need another end point with two ISPs and/or an end point with more bandwidth than I have at my house. As it stands I have several times more bandwidth at home than I can easily access elsewhere.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.