Lost of connection

Home Page Forums Network Management Signal a BUG Lost of connection

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  rdube 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

rdube

Hi all !

First of all, i’m not a pro with everything around setting up servers or play with linux system so it might be easy to fix but i cant figure it out.

Version : zeroshell Release 1.0.beta16

system :Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz 2793MHz with 2gigs mem

Zeroshell is install on hard disk and used to work fine.

My setup is : modem –>sonicwall–>Zeroshell (bridge mode)–>network

The sonicwall was there before and keep the vpn connection working (and i dont wanna play with the vpn because i dont have time to learn/configure/relearn/reconfigure and so on).

I have 2 site exactly the same (physical system and version of Zeroshell) working but, after an uptime of 40 days, one of the 2 system start to give me problem. It become impossible to access the web. For a unknown reason, we cannot even access google.com. I reboot the Zeroshell system and it fixed this thing for about 1 hour then the same problem came back.

Anyone have an idea on how to fix this ?

Thanks in advance for future answer 😉

sbbzs

Verify that someone didn’t walk in through an easy to guess password.

Check the zeroshell install for basic connectivity – use the Utilities page to hit various hosts on both sides of your network. Test some things by name, test some others by IP address. Do it while things are working, then do it when they aren’t. Compare.

Then, check hardware. If a NIC is going wonky, you might experience something like this.

That’ll give you a baseline of where to start looking.

rdube

Thanks for the reply !!

I will check that out and come back with an answer (if i found something) or other questions 😉

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.