Limit traffic for each customer

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Limit traffic for each customer

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  bytemicro 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

bytemicro

Hi Fluvio, I’m testing zeroshell, all for me is perfect, except that I need the speed limit for the maximum possible for each client independ is 1mb / s (I have 10MB / s internet for 15 customers) I tested with QoS, but There are only result in limiting the overall bandwidth of the interface but it is not what I need, need not create a rule that allows each client is unable to navigate over 1mb / s, in the forums no found information to limit the maximum bandwidth for each client.

Greetings and thank you very much.

bytemicro

Please Help me…

ofer

Why are you not using the QoS module? There’s plenty of documentation on the site on how to do exactly what you want with the QoS section of zeroshell.

cylent

I am new to ZS and I would like an answer to this if possible?

any help is greatly appreciated!

yum

Here is a brief description of what I’ve done to limit internet connection bandwidth for several users (1 user = 1 private IP):

First, enable QoS on network interfaces. Then, create one class for each user. Activate those classes on network interfaces. Finally, in the Classifier menu describe, which class corresponds to which IP (2 rules for each user, one rule for incoming traffic and another for outgoing).

cylent

hmm

sounds like a good idea however what if i have DHCP server enabled ? i dont want to specify a single ip for each user

i am actually starting to think of another method, that is to use a throttle system. have all users in the pool of 192.168.0.50-200 fight over a 1 meg limit. i am just trying to figure out how to do that. it sounds better than setting a specific limit… except how do i do it? (still new to this thing 🙂 )

veowoofer

a mi me pasa q configuro el QoS para limitar el ancho de banda de los clientes, pero solo me limita la sequencia numero 1 de mi lista, y las demas no me funcionan. es extraño q fucione solo la primera y las demas no. no se si me explico y disculpen el español. I don’t speak english. 😛 😛 😛

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.