LDAP recovering problem/backup&recovery SOLVED

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell LDAP recovering problem/backup&recovery SOLVED

This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  bbozo 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

bbozo

In past 7 days I had 3 of my ZS installations crash.
    They simply stop responding and when I connect pc with vga card and monitor, or connect via COM (Alix) port I see that it stops always in the same place:

Starting LDAP
    Recovering LDAP DB
    and nothing

In 2 out of 3 it happened when I tried to add a User.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

PS. In my installations LDAP/NIS is not enabled, I only use DNS, NAT, ROUTER, DHCP, FIREWALL, QoS, NetBalancer and VPN (this is something why I need users for) oh yes I did create my DB profile.

PPS. Another thing I am interested is the backup and recovery feature It sometimes makes .bak files as big as 300Mb and sometimes 10Mb. I also noticed that when I try to restore .bak files they return error and nothing happens. Does this mean that this feature is broken? (yes I did read the warning)
    !!!!!SOLVED
    PPPS. Thanks to ppalias for answers but I did understand that Load Avg in upper right corner where info about CPU….. represents Load for CPU, I didn’t know that 3 numbers represent intervals 1min,5min,15min. And I still don’t know what numbers represent in terms % or something else (if it says 1.5 or 15 or 25…..of what)
    SOLVED=> thanks to ppalias
    [/b]

bbozo

My kerberos setup was wrong. That is why I wasn’t able to add users and that is why ZS crushed.

Terabyte

could you please clarify what you did to resolve the issue?
    I’m having the same problem

ppalias

@bbozo wrote:

PPS. Another thing I am interested is the backup and recovery feature It sometimes makes .bak files as big as 300Mb and sometimes 10Mb. I also noticed that when I try to restore .bak files they return error and nothing happens. Does this mean that this feature is broken? (yes I did read the warning)
    !!!!!SOLVED
    PPPS. Thanks to ppalias for answers but I did understand that Load Avg in upper right corner where info about CPU….. represents Load for CPU, I didn’t know that 3 numbers represent intervals 1min,5min,15min. And I still don’t know what numbers represent in terms % or something else (if it says 1.5 or 15 or 25…..of what)
    SOLVED=> thanks to ppalias
    [/b]

The file size of the backup depends if you take a snapshot of the logs as well.
    The Load of the CPU is something like percentage. E.g 0.32 0.15 0.08 means than during the last minute the CPU was utilized 32%, during last 5 minutes 15% and during 15 last minutes 8%. If the figure goes above 1 it means that the request for cpu was over the offer. This is just a rough explanation. Check this article.

crstophr

I’m having the same issue. Has anyone posted a solution to this problem?

Thanks!

–Chris

Starting LDAP
    Recovering LDAP DB
    and nothing

ZS Beta11, HD install, no Kerberos.

crstophr

That’s what I get….

I can’t even get into single user mode to poke around. Anyone know the default root password? The above replies lead me to believe it’s related to the kerberos config somehow.

ppalias

By default the user admin has password

zeroshell

hippieshaker

Just in case anyone still having this issue, I fixed mine as follows:

Boot to any Live CD.
    Mount the partition with the affected configuration.
    cd /mnt/sda1/_DB.001/var/openldap-data
    sudo mkdir bak
    sudo mv __.db.00* ./bak/
    sudo reboot

ZeroShell reboots okay but not sure what part of LDAP configuration is affected.

ajl37

@hippieshaker

Thanks for the fix, worked for me as well on Beta12. I don’t actually use LDAP so doesn’t seem to have affected my set up at all.

Thanks
    Andew

JeroenSt

This one is absolutly not solved at all. Getting the message now with latest zeroshell. This can’t be true, the whole network is offline now!!

Why didn’t I buy a harware device like sonicwall!?

JeroenSt

Ok, it’s working again.

I booted with init=/bash/rc in the kernel command line
    then I mounted /udev/sda3 to /Database
    then I deleted the *.00* files in /Database/_DB.001/var/openldap-data

did a sync and a reboot.

But how can we prevent this problem from reoccuring in the future?!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.