LDAP Admin user bind issue

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell LDAP Admin user bind issue

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Xenu 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Xenu

Hi,

I’m trying to log into my Zeroshell’s LDAP server using phpldapadmin.
    I need to alter the users to include an attribute our PGP server uses.
    I was hoping to use just one LDAP server for the entire company but our PGP server requires me to add an inetorgperson attribute called EmployeeType to each account.

So, I tried to be able to alter the user attributes by using phpldapadmin but it rejects my username and password when using

uid=admin,ou=People,dc=mycompany,dc=co,dc=uk

as my login name and i know this is the correct DN.

I AM able to bind to the LDAP server anonymously, but thats read only so cannot alter the attributes of users.

Is the password for the admin user in the web interface the same as the admin users LDAP account password ? Is using phpldapadmin even possible (any tried it?)

If not, is there any way I can alter user attributes to include an attribute ?

Many thanks and keep up the good work, Zeroshell rocks – WPA2 Enterprise in 10 minutes!

vmv4

It is possible to connect using “cn=Manager,dc=mycompany,dc=co,dc=uk” and a password of admin user using LDAP browser. Not sure about phpLdapAdmin.

Xenu

nope it rejects that as well… 🙁

when i anonymously bind to LDAP with phpldapadmin and look at the admin user, it reports the DN correctly as

Distinguished Name: uid=admin,ou=People,dc=mycompany,dc=co,dc=uk

cheers

vmv4

ldapadmin works for me with provided above credentials.

Hope it helps

Xenu

yes!!

that works for me thanks a million mate 😀

Yep i’ve added the attribute to the user and PGP works fine…

I cant thank you enough

vmv4

Glad to hear that. I’m not sure that your changes are persistent. Not whether they disappear after a reboot?
    Best regards

Xenu

I have just checked and rebooted the server, I can confirm the changes to LDAP are persistent.

Thank you again

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.