Layer 2 routing based on Layer 7 DPI

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Layer 2 routing based on Layer 7 DPI

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  jandrake 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jandrake

Fulvio suspects this would be hard to implement via Zeroshell and suggested I post here to see if anyone knows of any way/device that isn’t expensive in order to help with this problem. Any help is greatly appreciated!

I have an old device that relies on originating mac/ip to function. I need to route around this old device transparently based on layer7 inspection. So, some traffic will be routed to another path out of the network based on a regex of the URL and the rest will continue out to the old device. Using a layer2 transparent proxy seems like it might work.

I also need to log all layer7 traffic (by mac address) that passes through that transparent proxy so I can get byte usage in/out by mac address and URL.

Two network paths:

Client(browser device)->zeroshell (no match on URL regex)->old network device with same client originating mac address and ip->internet

client(browser device)->zeroshell (match on URL regex)->different network device with same client originating mac address and ip->internet

Thank you in advance to all respondents.

DrmCa
    Participant

Since when L7 works on ZS?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.