LAN-to-LAN problem

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell LAN-to-LAN problem

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  scegg 9 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

scegg
    Participant

hello.

I’ve purchased an openvpn service from StrongVPN. It works well with openvpn client on my computer. Now I have some problem to setup this vpn in Zeroshell.

Ca, crt and key are imported and selected. Ip, port, protocol are correct.
    1: In ovpn file i’ve got, there is a line: tls-auth ta.key 1, and also, i get a ta.key file with a comment ‘2048bit OpenVPN static key’. How to use this?
    2: What is the correct setting of Authentication and Remote CN / PSK value in configuration window?

Thanks a lot.

ppalias

There is a parameters space to enter these things. From the help file we get:

–tls-auth f [d]: Add an additional layer of authentication on top of the TLS control channel to protect against DoS attacks. f (required) is a shared-secret passphrase file. The optional d parameter controls key directionality, see –secret option for more info.

Authentication should be X.509 and Remote CN should be the common name of the remote server you are connecting to, e.g server.zeroshell.com . Better ask your provider about this.

scegg
    Participant

thanks.

Should I upload that tls file first? to which folder?

ppalias

Well yes you should upload it, unless there is a way to import it. Better store it in /Database , which is write-permitted directory and contents exist after a reboot.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.