LAN 2 LAN VPN Bridge ethernetport

Home Page Forums Network Management VPN LAN 2 LAN VPN Bridge ethernetport

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Semmelbroesel 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hallo Zeros,

i would like to connect 2 location over VPN, but i won’t use normal routing i will use the fixed ethernetports so i can use the same subnet.

I connect both sites with VPN, this is no problem, then i bridged on every side the VPN00 with ETH01.
    Then i connect a PC on side 2 but i can’t get any connection e.g DHCP or something else. Does the bridge net an IP?

Have anyone ideas?

Regards Mario

redfive
    Participant

yes , both bridges need an ip address belonging to the same subnet , eg. bridge00 (eth01,vpn00) siteA 10.128.0.1/24 , bridge00 (eth01,vpn00) siteB 10.128.0.2/24 .
    ciao
    jonatha

Hallo Jonatha,

thank you for your reply, but it doesn’t work.
    I insert an ip adress from my network that i want to transfer to side b.
    Then 192.168.0.1/24 and 192.168.0.2/24 nothing works 🙁

Any Ideas?

ciao Mario

redfive
    Participant

Hi Mario , I tried some different vpn configs with ZS , L2L , L2L bridged , H2L , H2L bridged, all worked fine , my default firewall policy on both ZS is drop , ( input and forward chains ) , so everytime I needed to adjust the fw rules (sometimes on phisical ,,but almost everytime on virtual interfaces..) to permit traffic from/to end-points in the different configs…are your fw rules correct ? what the logs say ? you should be able to ping ( and arping , since the hosts are in the same broadcast domain) from hosts connected to ETH01 siteA to hosts hosts connected to ETH01 siteB and vice-versa , while the shared docs is a bit slow if you are using the vpn over internet ( in a lab enviroment , using the vpn over lan , obviously is a lot faster).
    Could you post the output of iptables -L ?
    ciao
    jonatha

I send you a PM.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.