Kernel panic… Help!

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Kernel panic… Help!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  morfeus 11 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

morfeus

Hi!
    I folowed the procedure to install ZeroShell on HDD (post: http://www.zeroshell.net/eng/forum/viewtopic.php?t=210).
    Now I am trying to install grub as bootloader. I used SuSe to copy all the stuff and also from it I copyed stage1 and stage2 file to /boot/grub and created menu.lst.
    The grub starts correctly but when uncompresses the kernel i get the errors:

ACPI: Unable to locate RSDP
    Kernel panic – not syncing: VFS: unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)

and it stops here… Any Idea how to solve this problem?

imported_fulvio
    Participant

Have you tried with the kernel parameter acpi=off ?

Fulvio

morfeus

Yes, I tryed… It solved only the
    ACPI: Unable to locate RSDP
    but kernel panic stays
    Now I am trying to copy boot directory from CompactFlash img from your site to installation by topic 210. After that I will reinstall grub and hope it will work… I will post my results after testing.

morfeus

It won’t work! Now I get error:
    Kernel panic – not syncing: VFS: unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(1,2)

Is this a problem with bootloader, kernel or what?

morfeus

Fulvio,
    is ext2 included in your original initrd.gz for LiveCD iso file? On the disk I am trying to make it work I created ext2 partition so perhaps that could be the reason I am getting this error?

morfeus

I can’t make it work! 🙁
    When I start ZeroShell in Verbose Mode I get a little bit more information. (As I can’t upload picture here, I put it on my server http://zmifi.homeip.net/error.jpg). Any sugestion is welcome…

imported_fulvio
    Participant

Are you sure your PATA HD is connected on Primary Master IDE Channel?

morfeus

Yes: IDE1 and IDE2 is free…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.