Issues with Sierra 885 3G/HSDPA USB modem

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Issues with Sierra 885 3G/HSDPA USB modem

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  rossw 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

rossw

Hi everyone
    I’m trying to get a Sierra 885 USB modem working, and having no success at all. dmesg shows the insert, lsusb shows it there, and lsmod shows that sierra is using the usbserial module, but no dev or udev devices show up on connection. javascript:emoticon(‘:?’)

Now this may be because the sierra module in zeroshell is version 1.2, and the sierra linux recommended module is now version 1.7. The sierra module is supplied as source code by sierra, and needs to be compiled against the running kernel.

Are there instructions anywhere on how to set zeroshell up as as a dev environment, so I can do the required compile, then make the modules available to the greater community

Thanks

Ross 😕

ppalias

Generally in the forum there are several threads describing the compile process. Unfortunately I haven’t done it so I can’t help you on that. Do a search first and if you are still in trouble you can ask a more specific question.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.