ipp2p

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  AtroposX 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

AtroposX

I see that if you go to /var/register/system/net/FW/Chains/QoS/Rules/ and go into a rule directory, this contains bit,dc,edk,gnu,kazaa, which belongs to ipp2p. But, I don’t see any selection for it in the classifier?

If I use the manual iptables parameters, of “-m ipp2p” the error of “iptables v1.4.0: ipp2p-parameter problem: for ipp2p usage type: iptables -m ipp2p –help”

lsmod doesn’t contain ipp2p, but you can use “iptables -m ipp2p –help” to view the help. Is it just not part of the kernel perhaps, or dropped from a previous Zeroshell version?

AtroposX

I know ipp2p hasn’t been updated in years, but has been taken over by OpenDPI, and transformed into IPoque’s open-source DPI solution.

http://opendpi.org/opendpi.org/ipoque_Open.html

A contest is going on to implement it into Netfilter, hopefully with no kernel patches. Perhaps laer on down the road this can be implemented into Zeroshell, utilizing both L7 and PCAP DPI. It’d be much better shaping pcap files and DPI than L7 signatures.

AtroposX
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.