Internet via WiFi hotspot (that requires initial web login)

Home Page Forums Network Management Networking Internet via WiFi hotspot (that requires initial web login)

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ohit 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ohit

Hi all,

I am running the latest USB pen drive boot version on an Asus EEE PC 2G Surf (old 7″ ones).

I have successfully setup a simple test with the ZeroShell machine connecting to the Internet as a wifi client and ethernet LAN – i.e. the internet connection is over wifi to a normal wifi router with WPA PreShared key security and NAT turned on the ZeroShell WiFi interface.

I now want to take this further by connecting to a wifi client that require web based login to give full internet access.

I am not expecting ZeroShell to do the login for me. What I would like, and think is possible, is for any initial web page requested from a LAN client, it is automatically redirected by the wifi hotspot provider to their login page where I can then login and get full internet access.

Unfortunately, this does not happen. I connect my ZeroShell to the wifi hotspot SSID, the interface gets a dynamic IP address, but then nothing happens when a web page is requested by a LAN client machine.

The wifi hotspot works perfectly when connecting directly to it from a normal Windows laptop.

Hopefully this makes sense. Any advice please on what to look for, or other information I could supply ?

Thanks all.

binjch

UP

Hello, i catch my wifi from an Internet service provider’s Hotspot / This connection is protected by the provider’s captive portal / I have a Username and a password for that connection.

I would like to route the internet i catch from my zeroshell wlan** to a zeroshell eth** port.

It works under OSX and MS Windows using internet sharing.

Thank you

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.