Internet requires manual dhcp renew after several hours

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Internet requires manual dhcp renew after several hours

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  qpohiegh 7 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

qpohiegh

Hello,

Zeroshell is working great except that the internet stops working after 4-8 hours. It is a cable modem connected to eth3 on dhcp.

After a couple hours the connection dies and I have to go into zeroshell and click dynamic ip > renew on eth3. It doesn’t even get assigned a new IP, but it kickstarts the internet again.

Is there something I’m missing (I can’t find anywhere to decrease the lease time), or is there a script to auto-renew after X minutes?

jeraeza

Hello and thanks to Fulvio for this free distribution and tot he communicty for all the help I found upto now.

I have the same exact problem the OP posted above, my ETH00 interface, which has a static ip (192.168.1.75) is connected to a TP-LINK modem-router which gives ADSL connectivity, releasing a DHCP ip (typically 192.168.1.102) thus allowing the ZS box to access internet.

Problem is, after ~8 hours internet goes down and the only thing seeming to work is go into the GUI and renew the dynamic ip assigned to ETH00, so I tried to do as described here:

http://www.zeroshell.net/eng/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3319&sid=1468f2d95ef8b5911315115f0777338b

and set up a cron job running every 15 minutes, which only does

dhclient ETH00

but it seems nothing changes, after ~8 hrs internet went down all the same…

I wonder if someone had the same troubles and found a workaround or a solution for this.

Thanks for reading and have a nice day 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.