Internet acces after logging

Home Page Forums Network Management Networking Internet acces after logging

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  cobrastyle 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

cobrastyle

Hello,

I’m new at this forum, this is my first post, so firstly I want to say hello to everybody 🙂

I want to create a WiFi network in my school. I want use an old computer (with Zeroshell) as a ruter and 2 ap, connected to the router by the ethernet.
    I want to ask you, if my idea is feasible 😉

Firstly, admin would create account for user and he would have to login to the network via web to acces to the Internet. After this login MAC address would be written to a config file, so other log-ins wouldn’t be neccesery (but it isn’t necesary; actually if user will have to login everytime he restart his browser it still will be ok).

Can I do that with default install of Zeroshell? Or I have to install additional components?

Greetings,
    Cobrastyle

Marcelo

Your idea is perfectly feasible and Zeroshell is THE tool for you:

Web login before surfing is possible using the Zeroshell’s embedded Captive Portal.

No additional components will be necessary considering the old PC has multiple Ethernet cards (at least 2, one for accessing the WAN and the other for the LAN.)

You’ll probably just need a switch so you can connect the 2 APs on the LAN.

NOTE: The Captive Portal is part of Zeroshell

Good luck with your project!

cobrastyle

Thanks 😉

I will try to do it tomorrow, but I don’t know if I will have enought time. I’ll write here about progress 😉

Thanks at all!

Greetings,
    Cobrastyle

@edit:

I have one more question: is possible to create script, which will automaticly add user, taking data from .txt file? for example file might look like this:

username
    password
    mac_adress

If yes, is it difficoult to make that script?

Greetings,
    Cobrastyle

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.