Installing zeroshell on vmware

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Installing zeroshell on vmware

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  RomanJB 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

RomanJB

I downloaded and am trying to install zeroshell on vmware. Has anybody succeeded? I opened Zeroshell.vmx and the virtual machine appears to be running – however nothing shows up in the console and so I cannot login (it doesn’t appear that it acquired an IP). BTW. what’s in the ISO image?

Thanks,

Roman

miketree

I get the following error in vmware….

A SparseBackingInfo disk is found but the virtual machine does not support the option.

Using vmware esx3.5

giancagianca

on vmware esxi I enable promiscuous mode for virtual hub.

I use cdrom version and boot from iso image stored on datastore.

Bye.

miketree

After importing the vm into ESX, I did the following
    1) deleted the HD
    2) created a new DH
    3) Deleted NIC
    4) Added 2 NICs

It then worked.

e1iminator

works ok in the builtin vm of windows 7. test it last night

unsichtbare

You are using a “2gbsparse” formatted disk which is not directly compatable with ESX. Just get the ISO, upload it to /tools/isoimages, and set CD/DVD Properties to “Connect at power on,” then, in the VM BIOS, make sure that the CD is set as the first boot device.

Alternatly, you could convert the 2gbsparse disk with the vmware converter or at the command line of your ESX server (don’t quote me on this, I am not in front of my ESX server to try it) I believe the command is:

vmkfstools -i /vmfs/volumes/volumename/vmname.srcDisk.vmdk -d thick /vmfs/volumes/volumename/vmname/destdisk.vmdk

-j

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.