Installing Zeroshell on Virtualbox

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Installing Zeroshell on Virtualbox

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  spitz 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

spitz

Is there any tutorial for zeroshell on virtualbox ?

I’d like to set up a VM with ZS using two virtual NICs each one using one of the two fisical NICs and also using different VLAN tags

this is my scenario:

two captive portal softwares each one in one VM. They use the same fisical NICs, eth0 and eth1 on linux with two different IPs for their virtual NICs and they also have different VLAN tags.
    Please say me the steps I should do it to install the vms and set up the NICs.

thanks in advice.

mark_orion

We are using a similar setup here. ZS and Virtualbox are fairly easy to install. Here is what I suggest:
    – Ceate a VM for Zeroshell with the ISO file as virtual CD/DVD and as bootdrive
    – Add a small (200Mb) or less virtual harddisk to the VM. This you can use to store your profile.
    – Add the two virtual network adapters. For each adapter you choose “Attach to – Bridged Adapter” and in the “Name” dropdown you choose the NIC on your host system that you want to connect to the virtual NIC.
    – Boot and configure ZS as you like.

enjoy, Mark

spitz

@mark_orion wrote:

We are using a similar setup here. ZS and Virtualbox are fairly easy to install. Here is what I suggest:
    – Ceate a VM for Zeroshell with the ISO file as virtual CD/DVD and as bootdrive
    – Add a small (200Mb) or less virtual harddisk to the VM. This you can use to store your profile.
    – Add the two virtual network adapters. For each adapter you choose “Attach to – Bridged Adapter” and in the “Name” dropdown you choose the NIC on your host system that you want to connect to the virtual NIC.
    – Boot and configure ZS as you like.

enjoy, Mark

Please, could you explain me how to set VLAN on the ETH00 and ETH01 interfaces ? I have migrated the physical zeroshell from my server to virtualbox. Now I’d like to set flags in its interfaces.

thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.