Install apt-get

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Install apt-get

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  aniyan 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

aniyan

Hello,

I have a system with ZeroShell 3.4.0. Is it possible to have apt-get installed and configured in this OS, so that I can install additional packages / softwares that I need in the future ?

Thanks.

oratorian

no thats not possible since ZeroShell is not based on Debian or any of the Ubuntu released.

aniyan

@oratorian wrote:

no thats not possible since ZeroShell is not based on Debian or any of the Ubuntu released.

Okay, So What is the default package manager of ZeroShell ? How can I install additional packages if needed ? Please clarify.

Thanks.

reaperz

AFAIK at the moment only package manager is on “Packages” page in the web interface.

Just recently there was package “A Kit of Utilities and Services 1.0.0”

And some other Add-ons

If there program needed is not in that list then only solution is to hack it together yourself. I have managed to add some programs by compiling them from source on CentOS machine. Compiling must be done statically!

And then I copied programs to zeroshell and added them to path.

In script editor I added path to Post-boot script:

echo ‘export PATH=”$PATH:/Database/sbin”‘ >> /etc/profile

Then I could run programs in that sbin directory.

Still some programs needed libraries even when statically compiled. In that case, for example with SLANG library, I copied the library to zeroshell and added to Post-boot:

mkdir /opt/lib
    cp /Database/libslang.so.2 /opt/lib
    ldconfig

(that was done for nano. No longer needed, since nano is now part of the utilities).

Other than that I cannot help you.

douglas

I have a follow up question.
    Is there an upgrade option buried somewhere in the web console?
    and if so where is it?

I am suspecting the answer is no but then the follow up queston becomes. how can you update an existing system ?

Apologies if this is a trivial question answered somewhere else

reaperz

Hello

If you have Zeroshell 3.x, then you can upgrade via WEB interface.

You must have valid Subscription!

AFAIK older 1.x and 2.x has to be reinstalled (back up your profile and restore it later).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.