Instal Zeroshel in Xencenter

Home Page Forums Network Management Request a new feature Instal Zeroshel in Xencenter

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  monchopc 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

monchopc

Hi, i need or i like to implement Zeroshell can be virtualizate in xenserver.

or someone know how install it

walde

Its easy:

Make a Zeroshell CD with addon Zeroshell.img (UltraISO or ISO IMAGE)

1. Boot from Zeroshell CD
    2. go to shell
    3. create the filesystem on Harddisk.
    5. extrakt Zeroshell.img to Harddisk

Reboot from Harddisk
    Enjoy

http://alaksha.blogspot.de/2012/09/how-to-install-zeroshell-to-hard-disk.html

It works, i have test it with Citrix Xenserver, ESXI, Proxmox ….

Best regards
    Dirk

dialsc

I would like to bring this up one more time. Although installing ZeroShell under XenServer works as described in the howto it has considerable draw backs because it then runs as a HVM guest.

In order to gain benefit of the full power Xen overs ZeroShell should be run as a PV guest and therefore it would need a PV-enabled kernel as well as PV drivers.

From my honest perspective this is something that really should be considered to become part of the product. Maybe providing a dedicated kernel as the one for 64bit environments? We’ve got the century of NaaS (Network as a Service) and being able to run machines and well known network related hardware (switches, routers, …) as virtualized appliances has gone far behind just being an idea but more and more what’s being done out there.

Well, these are just my two cents on this… 😉

Greez,

Dirk

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.