In Praise of ZeroShell

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell In Praise of ZeroShell

Tagged: 

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Stephen Cook 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Stephen Cook
    Participant

I first found zeroshell when I was looking for a way to increase my Internet speed at my cottage where I have two different services. One DSL and one fixed wireless. The DSL service gives me 5 Mb/s down and 1 Mb/s up. The fixed wireless service gives me 10 Mb/s down an 1 Mb/s up. I thought creating one service of 15 Mb/s down and 2 Mb/s up would be awesome. I first used the Raspberry Pi distribution and after following a YouTube video I was able to accomplish the bonding of the two services together. I don’t actually get 15 Mb/s down and 2 Mb/s up, but I do get 11.5 Mb/s down and 1.5 Mb/s up. And since I never got the full rated speed from either service previously, so I didn’t expect to see the therotical maximums. I am more than pleased with what it has done for me. The more I got into ZS, the more I realized the limitations of the commercial retail routers I had in place. I have changed both my home network and cottage network over to use ZS exclusively and use the commercial retail routers as wireless access points.

Thank you for a great product Fulvio!!!

• This topic was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  Stephen Cook. Reason: Spelling
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.