Importing Free Authorized Client lists into captive portal

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Importing Free Authorized Client lists into captive portal

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  cozzi@nd.edu 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

cozzi@nd.edu

Thanks for the REALLY decent software, it’s great and has a lot of promise.
    I have a bridged mode ZS 1.0b12 box running with captive portal and authentication
    to a 2003 AD system connecting a two subnet Ethernet to a Cisco router. What I would
    like to do is the following:

New users connecting to the net get redirected to the captive portal, read a short policy message
    and then login to their AD account.

With syslog(perhaps), strip out valid/successful logins and the MAC numbers associated with that user account.

Add them back into the (Free Authorized Client) portion of ZS so that user does not have to login again..

Initially, there may be several hundred entries.
    Is there a way to import these MAC/IP numbers into the ZS configuration?
    Is there a way to change the Free Authorized Clients to work with MAC address only? Not
    MAC and IP numbers both as the IP numbers may change from time to time.

Any suggestion welcome.

Thanks again for the great software and support.

–marc

miketheknife

Hello Marc,

after one day of investigation, i came across a command that can be issued on the shell of ZS to insert a authorized free client into the captive portal.

use the following command:
    /root/kerbynet.cgi/scripts/cpAddClient “Mike” “192.168.111.50” “00:13:A9:E8:D2:D6”

or in your case only the MAC address:
    /root/kerbynet.cgi/scripts/cpAddClient “Mike” “” “00:13:A9:E8:D2:D6”

it should now be easy writing a shell script to loop through a uploaded textfile inserting all the mac addresses into the captive portal DB.

i have read that the maximum number of free clients is 100 (not tested by me yet) 🙁 .i have not done the complete ‘decryption’ 😉 of the article in the italian forum yet: http://www.zeroshell.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1462 they are talking about a workaround to this limitation.

== edit ==
    here is how to remove the 100 limitation
    http://www.zeroshell.net/eng/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2451
    == /edit ==

with the above command i was able to insert clients, now i wanted to remove them.

i copied the /root/kerbynet.cgi/scripts/cpListFreeClients to /root/kerbynet.cgi/scripts/cpListFreeClientsMike (knowing the script will be gone after the next reboot)

and modified it accordingly:

the line 15:
    echo “

$Desc $IP $MAC

i changed to:
    echo “$C $Desc $IP $MAC”

NOTE: if you can interpret html output you dont have to copy the file and modify line 15

now i was able to list the existing free clients with my new script:

root@event-01 scripts> /root/kerbynet.cgi/scripts/cpListFreeClientsMike
    00 Mike Any 00:13:A9:E8:D2:D6

and with the input from the command above i removed the entry “00” from the existing free client list:
    /root/kerbynet.cgi/scripts/cpRemoveClient “00”

-mike

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.