How to upgrade from 2.0 RC2 ?

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell How to upgrade from 2.0 RC2 ?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  xdr 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

xdr

Hello,

I’ve got 2 old zeroshell, one is Release 2.0.RC2 and the other Release 2.0.RC3.
    I would like to upgrade it.

I am ready to donate to the community to be able to have a licence key.
    I can’t find the package manager in the gui perhaps my running versions of zeroshell are too old.

What advice could you tell me regarding my config ?
    I know i am vulnerable and that’s why i would like to upgrade.

Regards,
    Xavier

gordonf

The first question I’d have is, how are you running 2.0RC and on what kind of hardware.

I found I was able to upgrade from 1.6 beta to a 3.0 version by just backing up the configuration, then restoring the configuration to a new 3.0 installation. If the hardware (or in my case virtual machine) doesn’t change, it might just work on the first try. Or at least if your network cards are identified in the same order, the device assignments (ETH00 etc) should be the same and your restored config should work.

Back up a config from the web interface; go to Setup, then Profiles. Select your profile and either backup or backup without logs. Install the new ZS, create a storage partition from Setup, Profiles, then restore your config to it.

This even seems to work if you’re migrating from a CD-based boot to a hard drive-based boot.

xdr

Hello,

My 2 Zeroshell are appliance hardware (hardware will be the same after the upgrade) with CF card.

So it should works if I write the zeroshell 3.x image to my CF card then restore my 2.0 RC2 backup ?

Thanks,

DrmCa
    Participant

Yeah, it should just work. I was running on a Dell Optiplex PC with P4 Celeron 2.2 when I upgraded from 2 to 3, and all it took was backup and restore of the profile.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.